Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
Artificial Intelligence & Augmented reality for fashion
This week I've had the pleasure to chat with Diego Tommasso, co-founder of Over, who's a real expert on anything related to AI, AR & The Metaverse.
In the interview, Diego shares his insights on these crucial topics for luxury brands. He also tells us a bit more about the exclusive event and the hybrid fashion show that he's organizing from March 28th to March 31st.
On March 31st, OVER will occupy a prime location in Milan’s Piazza del Duomo to stage a unique hybrid fashion show. The virtual catwalk will showcase designs from new and traditional fashion brands – modeled by digital avatars appearing in the physical world, via OVER’s augmented reality app.
To learn more about this trend and join this unique experience (for free) checkout OVER's event page here
💡 Products & Trends
- Fashion in the age of AI: From design to customer experience
- Hermes expands further beauty line
- Cartier Watches: Creating Icon After Icon
- Launchmetrics report: Dior and Burberry are big hits, but what else made an impact?
- Hodinkee on evolving the watch industry
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Snap introduces new solution to help businesses integrate AR
- Christian Louboutin launches exclusive collection for Neiman Marcus with immersive installation
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Improve Customer Experience.
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Vinted report claims big CO₂ savings for secondhand compared to buying new
- Should fashion quit TikTok?
- Behind House of Blueberry, the brand bringing inclusivity to the digital fashion world
💼 Business & Finance
- Luxury bags are significantly more expensive in China than in Europe
- Puig revenues up 40 percent in 2022 to €3.6 billion
- Kering Sets Sights On New Beauty Division, China As Growth Drivers
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- L’Oréal uses social listening to tap into beauty trends ‘at the speed of culture’
- Net-A-Porter launches SS23 mood-enhancing campaign
- Is WhatsApp a must-have for brands today?
- LVMH’s Bernard Arnault Runs His Luxe Conglomerate From a Swanky $5,300 Office Chair
- Louis Vuitton's Crochet Leather Jacket Pays Tribute to Virgil Abloh
- Why buy a Birkin when you can get a $42,000 bag made entirely from a meteorite that fell on earth 55,000 years ago
- A One-of-a-Kind Lipstick Case Carved From Solid Ruby
Long form content (>1min)
How can luxury brands leverage NFTs? An interview of Courtyard.io's Nicolas Lejeune
Cartier - Cartier: A Pioneering Spirit ( 2m22 )
GUCCI - The Awakening: Butheina Kazim ( 1m35 )
Hermès - Saut Hermès 2023 I And the winner is ( 2m30 )
Short form content (<1min)
Versace - Making of Trigreca | Sneakers Craftsmanship | Versace ( 38s )
IWC Watches - Do you agree with Sebastian or would you have chosen differently? #IWC #IWCwatches #watches ( 45s )
Burberry - 'I'll Keep You Warm' by John Glacier #Burberry ( 45s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by The Black Circle Collection (@blackcirclecollection)
A post shared by @themisfortuneteller
A post shared by Art Sequence (@art.sequence)
A post shared by Levent Erden (@leventerdening)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip