Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers.
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
How can luxury brands leverage NFTs?
In this week's What The Luxe, I tackle the burning question of NFTs for luxury brands. Is there a real utility for NFTs beyond the hype?
To answer this question, I've had the pleasure to interview Nicolas Lejeune, co-founder of courtyard.io.
Watch our conversation to learn more about the future of NFTs for luxury:
💡 Products & Trends
- Tiffany & Co. and Nike Just Unveiled a 23-Pound Sterling-Silver Shoebox
- Did Demna re-set Balenciaga?
- Pharrell’s Joopiter to launch high jewelry auction
- How TikTok catapulted the male beauty market
- The luxury preferences of high-net-worth individuals
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Yoox adds pre-owned to online expanding Marketplace
- Are virtual try-ons the future of retail?
- Podcast: How Generative AI could reshape fashion
- From spray-on dresses to robots, Coperni continues to showcase innovation
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse
- Are Web3 Influencers Finally Earning Their Place In Fashion’s Spotlight?
- Puma is pushing further into web3 and fashion
- Deloitte helps brands deliver metaverse experiences
- Why Waning Interest In The Metaverse Heralds A New Direction For Digital Fashion
- How web3’s connected fashion products drive brand loyalty
💼 Business & Finance
- Luxury goods conglomerate LVMH is eyeing acquisition of Cartier, suggest rumor mills
- Prada reports strong growth across brands and markets
- Record sales push Ulta Beauty past $10 billion in 2022 revenue
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- Louboutin on 30 years of red obsession
- Dior Takes Fashion Week Marketing To New Highs
- How Luxury Brands Can Leverage Email Marketing to Increase Sales
- Adidas Could Set Fire to $500 Million of Unsold Yeezys
- The mustache makes its comeback: How brands are getting on board
Do you want to learn more about web3?
The renowned Paris Blockchain Week will hold its 4th edition as a live event from
20 to 24 March 2023 in Paris at the Carrousel du Louvre and online via a dedicated digital platform.
Since its inception in 2019, PBW has established itself as a global meeting place for crypto enthusiasts, investors, and entrepreneurs to engage in thought-provoking discussions on the digital assets industry at large.
Supported by some of the leading figures in tech and politics, PBW 2022 welcomed 6000+ attendees, 300+ speakers, 250 sponsors, 400 media and partners.
Long form content (>1min)
LVMH - THE WORLD OF LVMH ( 1m43 )
Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton Horizon Light Up Earphones | LOUIS VUITTON ( 1m06 )
Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Harvest | GUERLAIN ( 1m23 )
KILIAN PARIS - KILIAN PARIS INGREDIENTS: CISTE LABDANUM ( 2m47 )
Short form content (<1min)
OMEGA - EVERY SHADE OF YOU – with Zoë Kravitz ( 30s )
Clarins - Clarins Precious NFT Reveal | Clarins ( 14s )
Ralph Lauren - RALPH LAUREN | POLO RALPH LAUREN | DISCOVER THE NEW POLO RED PARFUM ( 30s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by Marius Visual Arts (@marius_visualarts)
A post shared by david schmitt | tuyo (@tuyo.art)
A post shared by Giulia Hartz (@giuliahartz)
A post shared by Jaime Sanchez (@jaimesanchezart)
A post shared by SANLUCK (@sanluckk_)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip