Welcome back to What The Luxe
What The Luxe is a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers —written by me, David Klingbeil
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
Do you want to learn more about web3?
The renowned Paris Blockchain Week will hold its 4th edition as a live event from
20 to 24 March 2023 in Paris at the Carrousel du Louvre and online via a dedicated digital platform.
Since its inception in 2019, PBW has established itself as a global meeting place for crypto enthusiasts, investors, and entrepreneurs to engage in thought-provoking discussions on the digital assets industry at large.
Supported by some of the leading figures in tech and politics, PBW 2022 welcomed 6000+ attendees, 300+ speakers, 250 sponsors, 400 media and partners.
>> Use code MWTL30 for 30% discount on WEB3XP
💡 Products & Trends
- Prada Replaces Gucci as the World’s Hottest Fashion Brand in New Rankings
- Kering Group creates in-house beauty unit
- Jimmy Choo unveils major collaboration with Sailor Moon
- BMW is working on a new fragrance delivery system to dispense a pleasant smell as you near the car
- Altagamma Digital Award winner announced!
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Gucci to open massive store in Paris
- Paco Rabanne, Couturier of the Space Age, Dies at 88
- Kate Spade New York launches resale programme with ThredUp
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse
- Hermès Wins Trademark Lawsuit Against Furry ‘MetaBirkins’ NFTs
- Hublot and Takashi Murakami Join Forces on a Capsule of Watches and NFTs
- Saudis get together with The Sandbox for Metaverse development
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Firmenich updates their fragrance sustainability measuring tool
- Chanel commits to the circular economy with Atelier des Matières
- Balenciaga Partners With the National Children’s Alliance
💼 Business & Finance
- Swatch Group is raising prices across most of its brands
- LVMH announces record results in 2022 despite China
- Canada Goose eyes $3 billion in annual revenue by 2028
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- Burberry unveils refreshed brand image under Daniel Lee
- Snoop Dogg Slips Into Skechers’ Super Bowl Campaign
- To keep Gen Z engaged, brands are leaning on UGC and refreshed video ads
- Tom Brady Rocked a Rare IWC Portuguese Tourbillon to the Premiere of ‘80 for Brady’
- Bugatti has launched an exclusive collection of sunglasses
- Klarna recruits Paris Hilton for latest campaign
Long form content (>1min)
IWC Watches - #ThankYouTom for being the Reference. ( 1m41 )
Maison Margiela - Maison Margiela | Clothes-in-Movement ( 5m21 )
Ruinart - DOM RUINART 2010 | Ep. 1 The Roots of Creation ( 4m41 )
Short form content (<1min)
HUBLOT - HUBLOT - CLASSIC FUSION TAKASHI MURAKAMI BLACK CERAMIC RAINBOW ( 31s )
Girard-Perregaux - Bevelling: unlock all the steps behind the 55 hand-polished inner angles of the GP01800 caliber ( 50s )
Michael Kors - Michael Kors Gorgeous | Spring 2023 ( 29s )
Pomellato - POMELLATO TOGETHER ( 19s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by Thinking Minds (@thinkingmindspage)
A post shared by Mike Parisella (@slimesunday)
A post shared by karan । करण (@madebykaran)
A post shared by blowyourart (@blowyour_art)
A post shared by Text-based Visual Artists (@textbased_visual_artists)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip