Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
What The Luxe has been on pause for more than a month but ... we're back!
Please stay tuned as we get back to our regular cadence: more insights, more news, more inspiration...
Let me know what you'd like to see in the upcoming issues!
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
David Klingbeil (let's connect on Linkedin)
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
Do you want to learn more about web3?
The renowned Paris Blockchain Week will hold its 4th edition as a live event from
20 to 24 March 2023 in Paris at the Carrousel du Louvre and online via a dedicated digital platform.
Since its inception in 2019, PBW has established itself as a global meeting place for crypto enthusiasts, investors, and entrepreneurs to engage in thought-provoking discussions on the digital assets industry at large.
Supported by some of the leading figures in tech and politics, PBW 2022 welcomed 6000+ attendees, 300+ speakers, 250 sponsors, 400 media and partners.
>> Use code MWTL30 for 30% discount on WEB3XP
💡 Products & Trends
- Nike is teaming up with Tiffany & Co. on a $400 shoe - Sneakerheads aren't impressed.
- Louis Vuitton launches baby collection
- How Luxury Brands Are Reviving Chinese Artisanal Traditions
- Top 50 Luxury Trends in February - From Avant-Garde Fall Menswear to Crystal-Adorned Crushed Cans
- Natural Skincare Is in Demand for 2023 with Organic Ingredients
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Net-a-Porter introduces repair service with The Seam
- Ebay invests in luxury resale platform Cudoni
- How Cartier’s New Vintage Program Restores (and Resells) Coveted Watches and Jewelry
- Alibaba’s Tmall Luxury Pavilion transforms the way brands engage consumers
- Beauty tech gradually expands in the male grooming market
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse
- What Luxury Can Learn From Porsche’s NFT Flop
- NYX Professional Makeup launches NFTs to access 'Gorjs'
- Emperia raises 10 million dollars to back virtual retail solutions
- Fashion NFTs Total $245 Million In Sales. Can Brands Harness Success In 2023?
- Prada releases ninth edition of Timecapsule NFT
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Stella McCartney demonstrates how to market sustainable skin care
- Ralph Lauren introduces cashmere recycling programme
- Fashion Activism: is fashion becoming politicised?
💼 Business & Finance
- LVMH, L'Oréal, Shiseido said to be vying to buy stake in Aesop
- Bernard Arnault delivers the good and the bad
- Tod’s sales to surpass 1 billion euros in 2022
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- From Amazon to tech startups, e-commerce takes on the TikTok-style feed
- Prada tops Lyst Index for the first time – hottest brand in the world!
- Karl Lagerfeld celebrates 100 years of Disney
- The Best Secondhand Luxury Handbags to Invest in This Year
- Doja Cat Covered Herself in 30,000 Swarovski Crystals for Schiaparelli's Haute Couture Show
- Instagram Co-Founders Launch AI-Curated News App, Artifact
Long form content (>1min)
Maison Margiela - Maison Margiela Co-Ed Collection 2023 ( 3m16 )
Armani - Giorgio Armani - Icon Collection ( 1m15 )
Hennessy - “I'm always trying to find humans that speak with sincerity” ( 1m03 )
Short form content (<1min)
Guerlain - Guerlain x Maison Matisse: The Exceptional Piece | GUERLAIN ( 15s )
Jaeger-LeCoultre - ‘Passengers: Through Time’, an original artwork by Guillaume Marmin | Jaeger-LeCoultre ( 33s )
CHANEL - The Film of the CHANEL Spring-Summer 2023 Pre-Collection Campaign — CHANEL ( 53s )
Cartier - Cartier: Love is Red ( 15s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by @themisfortuneteller
A post shared by Tyler Shields (@thetylershields)
A post shared by Julie Solvstrom (@juliesolvstrom)
A post shared by Artnet (@artnet)
A post shared by Johan Deckmann (@johandeckmann)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.