Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers —written by me, David Klingbeil
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Business of Fashion and McKinsey Release 'The State of Fashion' Report
- Why Are Phone Brands Joining The Collaboration Craze?
- What Burberry and Gucci’s creative changes mean for fashion
- Pantone's 2023 Color of the Year Is 'Viva Magenta'
- From Supreme to Rolex: How Streetwear Is Transforming Luxury Watch Culture
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- The Balenciaga controversy, explained
- Has luxury hospitality been disrupted indefinitely?
- Adidas & Snap Team Up on Bitmoji Drop
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Rolex officially introduces Certified Pre-Owned Program
- This Ultra-Luxury Secondhand Retailer Wants to Be the Hermès of Resale
- How brands are making e-commerce feel like social media
- EBay’s efforts to grow its luxury business are paying off
- Shein overtakes Zara as most popular fashion retailer in the world
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse
- Adidas Originals Launches Inaugural NFT Wearables Collection
- Lacoste opens virtual reality store with Emperia
- How Art Basel Miami became a web3 fashion hub
- Metaverse Fashion Week to return in March: what to expect
- Nike And RTFKT Step Into The Future With First Native Web3 Sneaker
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Why a Former CEO Doesn't Want You to Lose Hope in Fashion
- Ferragamo offers 760 employees shopping vouchers to cope with inflation
- Inditex launches detergent designed to reduce microfibre release
💼 Business & Finance
- Alessandro Michele exits Gucci, Kering confirms
- Deal analysis: Estée Lauder plays the long game with Tom Ford acquisition
- Luxury Earnings: Ralph Lauren Charges Ahead While Canada Goose, Adidas Brace For China Setbacks
- Chanel acquires Italian manufacturer of high-end denim
- Prada appoints new Group CEO
- Aston Martin and Bowmore Teamed Up for a Wild $75,000 Bottle of Scotch
- The 30 Best Ads of 2022
- Robot Parking Lots Are Now a Thing in NYC—and One Spot Costs $300,000
Long form content (>1min)
CHANEL - Give wonder, give CHANEL ( 1m24 )
LVMH - THE WORLD OF LVMH ( 1m42 )
Christian Dior - The Stars align in Savoir-Faire for Dior Men Fall 2023 ( 1m10 )
Short form content (<1min)
L'Oréal Groupe - Behind L'Oréal French Luxury Beauty ( 34s )
Hermès - Hermès | Graver ( 22s )
OMEGA - A World of Enchantment ( 35s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by Rebel Circus (@rebelcircus)
A post shared by Art Magazine 👾 (@mind_detergent_)
A post shared by Alessandra Olanow (@aolanow)
A post shared by Helium Magazine (@heliummagazine)
A post shared by VEUGUE (@veugue)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip