Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
Cute dogs, cool drones and the metaverse
Luxury is a grown-up's industry. One that takes itself seriously, treats its consumers and employees with respect, while building recognizable brands and formidable businesses.
But things are getting lighter and brighter. This summer is all about fun and frivolity. It feels good to let off steam some times and try new things.
For luxury, it means the following things are happening:
- Gucci has released the most adorable campaign ever launched by a luxury brands for its new luxury pet collection (featuring the cutest fur babies)
- IWC is conquering the skies with an impressive drone show in Seoul
- Jacquemus is partnering with Nike for one of the most anticipated collab of the year
Meanwhile, luxury brands are also keeping their eyes on the future with more web3 projects being launched every day. Lacoste, Bentley, Gucci, ... and I'm only naming a few!
Seriously, reply to this email and I'll share 30 or 50 web3 examples from luxury brands with you.
It's a reminder that even when things seem light, we're still trying to make them better — and using tech as one of our tools.
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Jacquemus teases Nike collab in whimsical off-calendar show
- Body glitter is the hottest beauty trend this summer, finds Cult Beauty
- Gucci and Harry Styles Just Dropped a Groovy 1970s-Inspired Collection
- Color Cosmetics Consumers Return to Pre-Pandemic Makeup Routines
- Brands are split on metaverse opportunities, but united on TikTok
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Vogue and Snapchat partner on AR exhibition
- Mr Porter expands luxury watch category
- Amazon and Cartier join forces to fight against counterfeit goods
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse
- Gucci launches Gucci Vault Art Space
- In Meta's new store Avatars can be dressed in Balenciaga, Prada and Thom Browne
- Lacoste Launch New NFT “Undw3” Giving Holders Co-Designing Rights
- Bentley Motors to launch sustainable and exclusive NFT
- Fashion NFTs Are Dressing Up The Metaverse
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Farfetch unveils second conscious luxury trends report
- Fashion brands make up 25% of ‘greenwashing’ complaints
- Beiersdorf has created a 100% circular bottle
💼 Business & Finance
- Louis Vuitton in Top 10 of Europe's most valuable brands
- Kering's chief client & digital officer on digital innovation strategy
- Personal luxury goods market to reach 360-380 billion euros by 2025
- Gucci launches new luxury pet collection
- Berluti and Tectona Team Up for a Luxe Beach Chair
- A pre-owned Hermès bag sold for a whopping $158,000 on the Vestiaire Collective platform.
Long form content (>1min)
Guerlain - GUERLAIN | L'Art & La Matière: Guerlain Master Perfumer Thierry Wasser meets Mélanie Thierry ( 1m32 )
TAG Heuer - TAG Heuer | Drone show in Monaco ( 3m57 )
Balmain - Balmain x Cole NFT Collab for the Balmain Unicorn Sneaker Drop ( 1m05 )
Short form content (<1min)
IWC Watches - IWC - Seoul Drone Show ( 55s )
GUCCI - The Gucci Pet Collection ( 1m01 )
BOSS - BOSSxKhaby | BOSS ( 5s )
Bulgari - THE BULGARI METAVERSE ( 43s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.