Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
Welcome to the Web3
Luxury brands are the latest to take notice of crypto, NFTs and the metaverse. That's strange because these technologies are all about authenticity, desireability, status and hype - just like luxury.
If you have a solid understanding of how luxury operates, you will understand that there is a growing gap between the physical realm and the digital realm, or the real world and the virtual world, if you will. This gap is being bridged by Web3 technologies.
If you and your respective luxury brand haven’t yet incorporated at least a small dose of blockchain and crypto, you should do so as soon as possible. The Web3 is here to stay and taking part right now at this early stage can be a real game changer for luxury brands’ business model and future strategy.
A few months ago I published a special report about Luxury, Crypto and the Blockchain for my Premium Subscribers. Check this week's What The Luxe for the latest news about this trend (and much more)
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Artificial Intelligence will disrupt everything... even manicures?
- 70 Luxury Trends to watch in October
- Discover the first perfume that doubles as a Supplement
- Glenfiddich launches limited-edition liquor NFTs
- The Future of Fashion: Communities, Sustainability & Personnalization
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- The power of sound in luxury marketing
- Why is Youtube the place where fashion brands offer long-lasting experiences to their audiences
- Mac Cosmetics and Xbox partner on video game inspired looks
- Vuitton publishes a book on the life of its founder
- Take a look at The North Face's digital archive
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- What are the Luxury Goods With the Best Resale Values
- The Hut Group starts accepting Bitcoin payments
- Facebook urges brands to start exploring the metaverse
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Mr Porter takes a stance on mental health
- Coach to stop destroying unsold 'products after facing backlash on Twitter
- Ralph Lauren shares an open-source sustainable dyeing manual
💼 Business & Finance
- LVMH's latest financial results show impressive growth
- Chanel limits how many handbags some of its customers can purchase each year
- Sneaker prices are rising at the fastest rate of inflation in 20 years
- Mastercard is launching its own "priceless" fragrances
- Everything you need to know about the squid game frenzy
- Balenciaga launches a $650 travel pillow for luxury travelers
Long form content (>1min)
IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN AND HOT WHEELS ( 13m05 )
The Business of Fashion - The Worst Year in the History of Modern Luxury ( 2m24 )
Jaeger-LeCoultre - Reverso Hybris Mechanica Calibre 185 ( 2m35 )
Short form content (<1min)
Hermès - Les Mains Hermès ( 15s )
Cartier - Double C de Cartier ( 15s )
Moët & Chandon Official - Through the Eyes of... Roger Federer ( 58s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by The TAX Collection (@taxcollection)
A post shared by ❤ Hang Nguyen ❤ (@thehangedit)
A post shared by Jose Navarro (@j.m.navarro)
A post shared by Betina R. Goldstein (@betina_goldstein)
A post shared by Wolf_trapmuzic (@wolf_trapmuzic)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip