Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
Time flies in the Luxury world!
I can't believe we've reached the 60th episode of What The Luxe already!
When I started toying with the idea of this newsletter, I had no idea it will become such a fascinating project.
Each episode of the newsletter is a moment, a commitment to you to go out and find the news that will enrich your week. It is a declaration of love for the luxury market.
I wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.
Thank you to the 3,200 subscribers as well as to those of you who have decided to subscribe to the premium mode.
Thanks for supporting my work in finding, week after week, news, intelligence and insights that will make you think... What the luxe ?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Jacquemus is venturing into the world of beauty
- Why is the luxury world obsessed with Balenciaga?
- Jean Paul Gaultier to launch its re-sale platform
- Jaeger-LeCoultre’s launches a new limited edition with mini Versions of Van Gogh and Klimt paintings
- The luxification of sports merch
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Why Facebook is investing so much in the metaverse?
- Hermès announces the debut of HermèsFit in Brooklyn
- Get ready for influencers shops on Instagram
- The Opportunities and Risks of the Metaverse for brands
- Clinique steps up digital experiences with NFT competition
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Singer Billie Eilish launches an ethical line of fragrance - a campaign imagined by Mazarine
- Stella McCartney partners with Adidas for their first vegan football boots
- Artist Daniel Arsham created a no-waste 3D printed sink for Kohler
💼 Business & Finance
- Hermès revenue jumps in third quarter
- Condé Nast College launches a new two-year intensive BA in Fashion
- Will Gymshark file for IPO soon?
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- Prada uses a virtual influencer for its latest perfume campaign
- Adidas launches a collab with Peloton
- Chanel is opening an ice rink in NYC to celebrate its birthday
- How ultra-prestige beauty brand La Prairie is using experiential art
- Where do we stand in terms of “Influencer fatigue" in China?
- Chanel celebrates its No. 5 fragrance’s birthday with a 2021 ml bottle that costs $34000
- Michael Jordan’s Nike shoes are now the most expensive sneakers ever sold at auction
- Discover the hypnotic choreography created for the paralympics farewell ceremony
Long form content (>1min)
Hermès H08 The making-of ( 1m27 )
Lacoste Underwear by Lacoste x Dazed | Bound To Move ( 1m10 )
Veuve Clicquot - Garden Gastronomy | Marcel Ravin ( 1m37 )
Ralph Lauren - Polo Tokyo Stadium ( 1m )
Short form content (<1min)
Prada - PRADA CANDY - RETHINK REALITY ( 15s )
Furla - MY FURLA ( 30s )
Givenchy Beauty - L'INTERDIT - Eau de Parfum - Bottle Movie ( 15s )
Armani - One Night Only - From London to Dubai ( 52s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by ORBITGRAM 𓂀 (@orbitgram)
A post shared by FUCK MY EYES (@fuckmyeyes)
A post shared by Neon Lights (@starryeyeslights)
A post shared by FUCK MY EYES (@fuckmyeyes)
A post shared by NAB (@naailartbar)
A post shared by Useless Treasures Studio (@useless_treasures)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.