Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
Guess who's back?!
In the last two years luxury brands had to go through some massive changes. Lockdowns throughout the world and the halt of global travel have caused serious challenges to the luxury business.
As a result, some luxury brands have started to invest the metaverse heavily (this word is on every marketer's mind these days!) or double down on sustainabilty. Others have decided to invest in connected objects and technology-enhanced retail as a way of interacting with their consumers and managing their business.
2022 will be full of surprises for luxury brands. Can't wait to dive into those together!
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
Cheers & happy new year!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Discover Louis Vuitton's latest smart watch
- Dior introduces its fitness line ‘Dior Vibe’
- The brands making ‘wellness’ more accessible
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Chanel launches N°1, its naturality and sustainability focused beauty range
- Adidas and Prada launch a collab using re-nylon material
- Burberry secures 300 million pound sustainability linked loan
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse (New)
- Fendi and Ledger launch their first luxury crypto wallet
- The opportunities for luxury brands on the metaverse
- OpenSea the Leading NFT Platform Is Now Worth Over $13 Billion
- Could Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) change the fashion industry
- Hennessy introduces its first Cognac NFT collection priced at $226,000
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Second hand: Rolex, Hermès and Nike Saw the Highest Resale Value Gains in 2021
- Paris fashion week will organize live shows despite Omicron surge
- The future of retail experience is a mix between technology and human touch
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- Kylie Jenner reaches 300 million Insta followers
- How will fashion adapt to the post-Covid era
- China’s Beauty Cheat Sheet for 2022
- Balmain x Barbie pop-up launches at Neiman Marcus Dallas
- Discover Balenciaga's Newest Minimalist Coffee Mug
- This Dior fragrance is so special that it comes in its own couture trunk case.
Long form content (>1min)
Hermès - Hermès | Training new generations of artisans to leather métiers ( 7m48 )
Cartier - Cartier: What Makes a Cartier Diamond ( 4m18 )
NET-A-PORTER - First Time with Lily James | NET-A-PORTER ( 2m34 )
Short form content (<1min)
CHANEL - N°1 DE CHANEL, BEAUTY AHEAD OF TIME - CHANEL Skincare ( 32s )
Louis Vuitton - Tambour Horizon Light Up Connected Watch | LOUIS VUITTON ( 40s )
MAC Cosmetics - Challenge Accepted Starring Cher With Saweetie | MAC Cosmetics ( 30s )
Dom Pérignon - Chef Thomas Keller discusses food inspirations ( 56s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip