Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers —written by me, David Klingbeil
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Hublot has made a $24,000 watch from recycled Nespresso capsules and coffee grounds
- Black is the most popular nail polish shade globally, finds new report
- Jimmy Choo: a fashion legend on the importance of passion, humility, and teamwork
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Is fashion retail out-of-office?
- DVF launches ‘ReWrap’ resale programme
- LOUIS XIII and The Webster Celebrate Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix
⛓️ Disruption (AI, VR, Web3 & The Metaverse)
- Google tests AI for fashion shopping
- The natural diamond industry is leveraging AI grading to compete
- AI, more important than ever for the future of retail
- Are AI-Generated Models Really Going to Replace Human Ones?
- Elizabeth Arden Launches First-Ever Virtual Store Experience
- Clarks steps back into the metaverse
- Ulta Beauty and Lush among first to join Metaverse Beauty Week
- Zara returns to the metaverse with Zepeto
- Urban Decay Celebrates Metaverse Launch with Makeup Party
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Gucci & Burberry Are the Best Luxe Labels at Extending the Life of Their Clothes
- Is fashion retail still racist?
- Crocs pushes back net-zero target by 10 years
💼 Business & Finance
- LVMH, Hermès Sales Soar Due To Chinese Spending
- Tom Ford on life after fashion
- Brands are hiking prices to target the recession-proof luxury consumer
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- The Art of Brand Storytelling: Greatness Versus Mediocrity
- Timothée Chalamet Is the New Face of Bleu De Chanel Fragrance
- How fashion and beauty brands are keeping their top customers
- This $60 Million French Chateau-Style Estate in Dallas Is Now the Most Expensive Home in Texas
- Balenciaga creates its first 'habit vert'
- Nailtopia Partners with Disney 100 for Disney Princess Collection
Long form content (>1min)
Christian Dior - MOTHER'S DAY BY DIOR ( 1m )
LVMH - THE WORLD OF LVMH ( 1m44 )
IWC Watches - IWC Explained: The Portugieser Chrono ( 2m51 )
Vacheron Constantin - Vacheron Constantin - One Of Not Many ( 1m35 )
Short form content (<1min)
Guerlain - The Exceptional Piece: Bouquet de la Mariée Murano Edition | GUERLAIN ( 15s )
ROLEX - Waterproofness by Rolex – Seal the deal ( 20s )
Cartier - Cartier ABCs of Creativity: B ( 45s )
Moët & Chandon Official - Moët & Chandon and NBA Collection by Just Don - :30s ( 30s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip