Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
Metaverse everywhere, Metaverse nowhere
Week after week we hear more and more news about luxury brands going into virtual worlds and the metaverse. If you read What The Luxe regularly, then you know I'm a big fan of this trend and it's well-known that high-end brands don't want to miss the boat of the Web3.
However, let's not forget that there's also luxury beyond the Metaverse only and real world luxury experiences are also getting attention:
- Hermès is launching its first men's handbag,
- Holograms are all over the NYFW
- L'Oréal Luxury division is exceeding all expectations.
... and much more!
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Hermes unveils ‘The Rock’ its first Birkin bag for men
- Discover TAG Heuer's fourth generation of connected smartwatches
- Euphoria becomes most inspirational series for fashion searches
- The Future of Wellness report 2022
- Pantone reveals AW22/23 colour trend report for NYFW
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- The Brooklyn Museum Will Honor the Late Virgil Abloh With an Exhibition
- Selfridges offers sex therapy and ‘head trips’
- Holograms are all over the NYFW catwalk
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse (New)
- Can Hermes and Nike stop 'unauthorised' NFTs?
- YouTube explores the idea of verifying NFTs
- Alo Yoga enters Roblox with virtual wellness experience
- Luxury designers are moving away from traditional brands to the metaverse
- SUPERGUCCI: A Limited Three-Part NFT Drop By Gucci & Superplastic
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Hugo Boss workers go on strike following plans to shut down factory
- Adidas cuts ties with footballer Kurt Zouma following animal cruelty video
- Louis Vuitton: hundreds of employees stage walkout, make salary, working hours demands
💼 Business & Finance
- Tiffany & Co. acquisition a brilliant bargain for LVMH
- Sephora appoints a former Apple executive as global head of digital
- Luxury division becomes L'Oréal group's largest revenue-wise
- Discover the 2kg gold coin made by Dior
- The largest Black diamond ever cut sells for £3.2 million
- Virgil Abloh’s Louis Vuitton Air Force Ones Raised a Record-Setting $25.3 Million at Auction
Long form content (>1min)
RIMOWA - Preview RIMOWA An Alphabet ( 1m )
Tiffany & Co. - Tiffany & Co.—The Mark of a Champion ( 1m )
LOEWE - LOEWE | The story behind our Amazona handbag ( 4m25 )
Short form content (<1min)
Hermès - Hermès | Women's spring-summer 2022 collection ( 59s )
Cartier - Cartier Savoir-Faire: Radiant Transparency ( 45s )
GUCCI - Coming Soon to The Sandbox ( 14s )
Christian Dior - DIOR HOMME SPORT - Into The Ring with Younes Bendjima ( 59s )
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.