Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with
insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers
—written by me, David Klingbeil
What is going on with luxury?
The luxury sector is thriving and luxury brands seem to be doing better than ever, despite a pandemic that seems far from being over...
Luxury groups have announced phenomenal financial results and are preparing for the holiday season. Chanel has even decided to rise the price of some of its bag.
Now is the time to watch carefully at what leading luxury brands are doing. As they've obviously understood something that many don't...
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
💡 Products & Trends
- Everything you need to know about the Supreme x Tiffany Collab
- Discover the winners of the Oscars of Watchmaking
- Are Gucci and Xbox working on an exclusive collaboration?
- Get ready for the New Era Of Fashion
- Chiara Ferragni is the latest influencer to launch a make-up line
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Ralph Lauren is preparing holiday-themed drone shows
- Saks doubles down on its livestreaming platform for holiday
- Hermès opens pop-up fitness experience in Brooklyn
⛓️ Web3 & The Metaverse (New)
- Things to Know about the Metaverse
- Burberry and Coach are creating limited edition NFTs for China's Singles Day
- Justin Bieber's next Live Concert will happen in the Metaverse
- Will the Metaverse need physical stores?
- Original Penguin launches first series of NFTs created by TikTok influencers
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- Why Luxury Needs to Think Differently About Sustainability to Reach Gen Z
- Olay launches disability friendly skin care
- Nike aims to use 100% renewable energy by 2025
- Valentino unveils new packaging embracing sustainability
- Burberry launches new positive impact biodiversity strategy
💼 Business & Finance
- LVMH, Hermès & Kering financial results show a rebirth of the luxury industry
- Chanel bags' prices are increasing before the holiday season
- The demand for Rolex watches is fostering the whole watch industry
- Richemont stock rises on Third Point investment rumours
- Fragrance and make-up revive US prestige beauty market
- Young girls show that you can be cool and sober
- An 18-carat gold Hermes Birkin bag was sold for $1 million in Abu Dhabi
- Balenciaga release their Glam Earpods Holder
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with the Premium subscribers.
Check the full list of Special Reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium and gain access to the full experience and to support our work <3
Long form content (>1min)
Jaeger-LeCoultre - Introducing the Reverso Tribute Enamel Hidden Treasures ( 3m34 )
The Business of Fashion - Who belongs in fashion? ( 2m11 )
Prada presents the Holiday 2021 collection in ‘A Midwinter’s Night Dream’ ( 2m06 )
Valentino - A closer look with Pierpaolo Piccioli ( 2m50 )
Short form content (<1min)
CHAUMET - #ChaumetVirtuosity: a virtuoso conversation about the art of the line ( 56s )
Fendi - FENDIxSKIMS ( 20s )
Dolce & Gabbana - #DolceGabbana & #Hypebeast Korea ( 59s )
ROLEX - Perpetuating the arts for over four decades ( 1m )
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by Ramzy Masri (@space.ram)
A post shared by The Design Tip (@thedesigntip)
A post shared by ARTS GOAT (@artsgoat)
A post shared by CB Hoyo (@cbhoyo)
A post shared by ❤ Hang Nguyen ❤ (@thehangedit)
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy.
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.