Welcome back to What The Luxe, a newsletter packed with insights & intelligence for luxury, beauty & lifestyle marketers —written by me, David Klingbeil
The most creative time of the year
The holidays are finally here, which means it’s time for cocktail parties, Christmas cookies and cash bonuses at work.
With the holiday season in full swing, the holiday marketing campaign is gathering speed to propel curations of gift-ideas, brand films, makeup tutorial and much more. After all, the holiday season is also the time when luxury brands try to connect with their customers in warm and personal ways.
If a brand puts together a heartwarming commercial, or a cryptic and brilliant digital campaign, you can bet that we’ll be right there to take note and sing their praises to all of our friends.
Prepare yourself to see the holiday spirit through a brand new lens. In this article you'll find 50 YouTube videos from big name brands that you may or may not be familiar with - all with a decidedly holiday feel.
This year, luxury brands have leveraged specific strategies such as:
1 - Highlighting current trends
Finding the perfect gift (ex: gift guide by Sephora)
- Enjoying "post-pandemic" life, "after time apart, we all long for the same things" - Polo Ralph Lauren
- Customization for Guerlain (Personalize Your Bee Bottle by engraving a message)
- Humor with Tiffany & Co and La Samaritaine (Parisian luxury retailer)
- ASMR with Michael Kors
2 - Playing with music & ambiance
- Disco in Louis Vuitton's Holiday House campaign
- Holidays songs for Ralph Lauren fragrances
- Christmas-carols-inspired campaign by fashion e-retailer MyTheresa and LuisaViaRoma
- Flight of the bumble bee for Guerlain, wink to the Bee which is their emblem
3 - Leveraging specific aesthetics
- Leveraging the fairy tale / magical aesthetics (Ex: Givenchy beauty)
- Diving into the universe of a celebrity (Ex: YSL Beauty's Dua Lipa campaign)
- Creating a surprising disco / psychedelic vibe (Ex: MAC Cosmetics)
Top 15 2021 campaigns
From Chanel to Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Guerlain and Mac Cosmetics —these are the campaigns you should pay attention to in 2021:
Louis Vuitton Louis Vuitton's Holiday House 515000 views (1m28)
Chanel A VERY CHANEL HOLIDAY – CHANEL Watches and Fine Jewelry 343000 views (30s)
Ralph Lauren RALPH LAUREN | Ralph Lauren Fragrances | Holiday 2021 330000 views (53s)
Sephora 6 Must-Have Holiday Gift Sets for 2021| Sephora 170000 views (19m16)
MAC Cosmetics Introducing... MAC Hypnotizing Holiday | MAC Cosmetics 151000 views (29s)
Moet & Chandon The World of Effervescence - End of Year Film - Moët & Chandon 142000 views (38s)
Ralph Lauren RALPH LAUREN | Polo Ralph Lauren | An Occasion to Celebrate 54000 views (1m33)
Christian Dior Dior Holidays - The Atelier of Dreams 52000 views (1m05)
Tiffany & Co. Tiffany & Co.—A New Take on “Tiffany’s Table Manners for Teenagers” 6100 views (2m16)
Hermès Hermès | En route to the holidays! 4300 views (15s)
Guerlain GUERLAIN | The Holiday Campaign 2021: The Gold Wish Collection #HarvestGoldenWishes 3200 views (36s)
Clarins The go-to makeup for the Holidays I Clarins 2800 views (42m38)
Givenchy Givenchy Holiday Season 2021 Official Movie - A Velvet Snow Fairy Tale 2280 views (35s)
Michael Kors All Aboard | Michael Kors Holiday ASMR 1300 views (28s)
Mytheresa Share the Love: Festive Season at Mytheresa 411 views (1m09)
Top 50 2021 Holiday Campaigns
(Exclusive to premium subscribers)
As a Premium Subscriber to What The Luxe, I'm happy to share my full list of campaigns with you
That's all for this Special Report! I wish you all a very happy (and luxurious) holiday season!
Thanks again & cheers,
As a premium subscriber you have access to all my previous special reports.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
- 16 - Data & insights guide (part 3)
- 17 - Luxury & Nostalgia
- 18 - Luxury & The Web3
- 19 - Luxury & Storytelling (Long Form Videos)
- 20 - Luxury Holiday & Gifting campaigns 2021
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip
Subscribe to What The Luxe
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.