Luxury brands’ boldness
As the digitization continues to reach new heights, brands are innovating more than ever to express their boldness. Luxury brands are making big efforts to offer an exceptional customer experience.
In this week’s newsletter I’ll take a look at how luxury brands are dealing with the challenges ahead, from becoming carbon neutral like L’Oreal USA or banning fur in their products like the Kering group. They have the boldness to explore new territories like the metaverse (see Dior’s latest campaign) or to leverage tech like Lancome.
Being bold is no longer an option for luxury brands and the best is yet to come…
I hope this newsletter will inspire you, surprise you and make you think… What the Luxe?!
PS: feel free to hit reply to leave a comment, I read and answer every message
You like What The Luxe? Become a premium subscriber!
On top of the regular What The Luxe, I share deep-dives on hot topics in the luxury industry with my Premium subscribers.
Here are the latest special reports:
- 01 - Luxury & Purpose
- 02 - Luxury & Holidays / Gifting
- 03 - Luxury & Craftsmanship
- 04 - Luxury Private Labels
- 05 - What is luxury?
- 06 - Luxury & Data
- 07 - Luxury & Augmented Reality (AR)
- 08 - 8 Luxury Trends for 2021
- 09 - The State of Luxury Videos
- 10 - Luxury & Podcasts
- 11 - Luxury, Crypto & Blockchain
- 12 - Luxury & Live video
- 13 - Learnings from 100 luxury pandemic campaigns
- 14 - Data & insights guide (part 1)
- 15 - Data & insights guide (part 2)
Have you considered going premium?
If yes, subscribe now to What The Luxe Premium in order to gain access to the full experience (as well as to support our work <3)
💡 Products & Trends
- Discover WGSN's ‘big ideas’ for beauty in 2023: Progress, frugality, wellbeing & tech
- Hublot and Berluti have just released their latest limited-edition watch collab
- Architect Frank Gehry designs Louis Vuitton's latest perfume bottle
🛍️ Experience & Retail
- Dior ventures into the Metaverse with customizable avatars
- Lancome releases new personalized skincare tech
- Moncler has unveiled new digital experience which was broadcast across five cities
🌲 Sustainability & Purpose
- L’Oréal Group has reached carbon neutrality in its 25 U.S. sites
- Luxury group Kering announces the end of fur for all of its brands
- Why luxury brands are seeking for leather alternatives
📺 Marketing and Advertising
- Beauty brand Glossier ranks third on LinkedIn’s Top Startups list 2021
- How can brands leverage storytelling to create more brand distinctiveness
- Instagram Kicks Off their new brand campaign around self-exploration
💼 Business & Finance
- Should Sephora and Ulta worry about Amazon's plans in beauty?
- How becoming more human could prevent your job to be automated
- Style Capital is investing 130 million euros in fashion retailer LuisaViaRoma
- 5 Luxury Watches inspired by Pop Culture
- Emperor Napoleon’s hat has been sold for $1.43m at a Sotheby’s auction
- Discover Philippe Starck's solar-powered futuristic gondola for Venice
Long form content (>1min)
Burberry - #TBMonogram landscapes ( 3m )
NET-A-PORTER - MEET THE MAKERS: The Vanguard ( 4m17 )
Vogue - 73 Questions With Kylie Jenner ( 7m36 )
Christian Dior - Sauvage - Blue Goldsmith ( 2m46 )
Short form content (<1min)
L'OCCITANE - Our Hair Care products for blooming hair ( 30s )
Dolce & Gabbana - #DGFattoAMano: Dolce&Gabbana Canvas Edge Shopper bag ( 1m )
Berluti - Berluti - The Hublot Big Bang Unico Berluti Aluminio - ( 56s )
Luxury is as much about business as it is about creativity. Staying inspired is key. Here’s a selection of what keeps me inspired:
A post shared by @visualizevalue
If you’ve enjoyed What The Luxe, share it with a friend. If you’ve hated it, share it with an enemy:
Never miss What The Luxe!
To make sure that you always get your issue of What The Luxe, drag this message into your primary tab. #proTip